X-Men Aocalypse is a 2016 superhero movie based on the fictional X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics. The film is the eighth installment in the X-Men movie franchise and acts as a sequel to 2011's X-Men: First Class and 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past. The film is directed by Bryan Singer and written by Simon Kinberg.
When looking for three new mutants, Domino, Storm, & Gambit, the X-men have to stop a new threat called Apocalypse. Apocalypse merges with Magneto to stop them. The X-Men have to stop Apocalypse, Magneto, and Mr. Sinster (Apocalypse's right-hand man) from destroyting the world.
- Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
- James McAvoy as Charles Xavier / Professor X
- Cristian Bale as Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
- Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy / Beast
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
- Fan Bingbing as Clarice Ferguson / Blink
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse
- Jason Isaacs as Nathaniel Essex / Mr. Sinister
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Neena Thurman / Domino
- Amandla Stenberg as Ororo Munroe / Storm
- Asa Butterfield as Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler
- Taylor Kitsch as Remy LeBeau / Gambit
- Josh Helman as William Stryker
- Lucas Til as Alex Summers / Havok
- Cyclops and Jean Grey were originally going to be in the movie. However, they were cut from the script and were put into the upcoming Wolverine: Wepond X
- Hovok was to appear more in the film, but was cut to one scene in the beginning.
- Channing Tatum was originally cast as Gambit, but due to sceduling conflicts he left the project. He was soon replaced by Taylor Kitsch, who played Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- Due to the X-Men films avoiding continuity with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Gambit will reboot of the one form Origins.