The SR-77 Blackbird (A.K.A "The X-Jet" or "The Blackbird") is a custom-designed supersonic jet designed and developed by the X-Men. It's the primary aerial transportation for the X-Men.
After the destruction of the Stratojet, Charles Xavier managed to acquire an RS-150 Blackbird from S.H.I.E.L.D. This jet would undergo heavy modifications and customizations in order to suit the needs of the X-Men for many years.
By the time Kevin Reynolds arrived, he was shown the Blackbird during a tour of the facility by Charles. Reynolds offered his assistance in maintaining and heavily modifying the jet with much more impressive modifications. Charles saw no objections and allowed him to modify the plane with some sophisticated gadgets designed by himself.
Mutant X's ModificationsEdit
Having already inspected the plane, Mutant X heavily modified the plane with more advanced devices that he has developed.
- Energy Shield Generator: A defensive precaution in order to protect the jet from bullets, missiles and most lasers, Mutant X has designed an energy shield for such purposes.
- Retractable Diamantanium Armor Generator: Another defensive precaution against missiles, bullets and lasers, Mutant X has designed a retractable armor generator with Diamantanium armor. This can also protect against the magnetic powers of Magneto due to it's non-magnetic nature.
- Ares-Class Plasma Miniguns: Added as an extra countermeasure for defensive and offensive purposes, the Ares-Class Plasma Miniguns are outfitted on the Blackbird in order to protect it from intense enemy fire.
- Quantum Drive Generator: A device capable of allowing the Blackbird the ability of interstellar, Mutant X's Quantum Drive Generator is guaranteed to deliver.
- Miniature Cerebro: Mutant X studied the unique and innovative design of the device known as Cerebro, which in turn is what helped him made a miniature model for the interior of the craft.